We offer a complete range of channel letter products, typestyles, and custom logos. Our channel letter accessories offer you diversity, providing your customer with a wide range of options. The different types of channel letters we manufacture are Illuminated, Non-Illuminated, Preformed and Welded. Below is a more in-depth look about each one, our fabrication limitations and different types of mounting to choose from.
Illuminated Channel Letters
- Energy efficient
- Low voltage
- Low maintenance
Non-Illuminated Channel Letters
- Illumination can be added later
Preformed Channel Letters
- Pre-made aluminum return
- Lower cost
- Faster turnaround time
Welded Channel Letters
- Significant strength over preformed letters
- Superior appearance
- Aluminum return welded or bent into shape
The channel letters we manufacture are made of aluminum and cut by a CNC router. The router creates the back of the channel and is the basis for the letter shape.
Returns, the sides of the letter, are then formed by bending a 3- to 6-inch-wide strip of aluminum sheet around the aluminum back. This return can be welded or bent depending on what type of letter is chosen. The shape made from bending is called the “can”.
If welded, the letter can is then painted and fitted with LED modules. If preformed, the letter can isn’t painted because it comes pre-colored.
There are three limitations to keep in mind for our manufacturing process and those are: height, price and stroke width. Click here for more information.
- Smallest size manufactured is 7” high.
- Smaller signs are often more expensive than large-scale signs because they are more labor-intensive, more difficult and often more time consuming to fabricate.
- Make sure the strokes are at least 1.5” wide to accommodate the LED’s and fabrication.
- If the font specifies a smaller stroke, we will adjust the artwork and submit it back for approval.
Making sure the height, price and stroke width are all appropriate before submitting the artwork will ensure a smooth fabrication process for both parties.
When deciding what kind of channel letter sign is needed, it is important to keep in mind the way in which you are going to mount it. Three types of mounting we offer is remote mount, Fabricated raceway, and Extruded raceway. For more in-depth information click here.
- Remote signs include standard nutserts and studs.
- Remote Reverse Channel signs include standard nutserts, studs and spacers.
- Constructed of .050 aluminum exterior with 1” aluminum square tube frame.
- Mounting brackets for fabricated raceways are cut from .25” x 1.5” aluminum flat bar.
- Brackets are placed every 5’ or as needed to support the sign structure.
- Constructed of .125” aluminum and are only available in 7” H x 4.5” W x length required.
- Mounting brackets for extruded raceways are adjustable and extrude from .25” x 2” aluminum.
- Benefits of adjustable brackets: Allows mounting on the bottom f the raceway for square tube railing.
If you have any questions about any of the points discussed above, don’t hesitate to call 800-544-6381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.