There are many things that every sign business has to consider when getting ready to quote a sign for a customer. In the same way, here at Sign Fab, we have many different things to consider before we can give you a good estimate. The following article will provide you with a few tips about getting your sign quoted faster and more accurately, as well as help you get your project through production faster.
Preparing the Quote Request
When preparing your quote request, there are a few things you should consider and take note of that will help our sales staff process your quote faster.
1. Contact Information for your company. This is especially important if you are a new customer.
- Business Name
- Contact name, phone number, shipping and billing address and email
2. Artwork for the sign. Make sure everything is drawn to scale in the artwork. Preferred formats include:
3. Measurements of the sign.
- If possible, include the signs dimensions in your artwork.
Sometimes the most minute things can be overlooked, but these are some important variables to consider before we can start production.
- Acrylic face color
- LED color
- Trim color
- Return color
- Raceway color
- Vinyl colors
- Mounting options – How you plan on mounting your sign may affect how we have to manufacture it
- Specific brands
- If your sign is going to need a painted return
- Whether it’s remote or raceway mounted
- How you plan to mount the sign to your building
- If it’s a cabinet, whether you’re planning to light the sign with LEDs or fluorescent bulbs
Our Sales Kit contains everything you need to help with quotes!
- The Sign Guide 2021
- Trim color samples
- Vinyl color charts from a variety of brands
- Return color charts
- LED information
- Professional Carrying Case
- Channel letter with LED illumination
- Easily plugs into any standard 120v Outlet
Sending the Quote Request
After you’ve gathered all of this information, feel free to send us a well-documented quote request! Send all of your quote requests to [email protected]. We provide 1-hour turnaround and verbal quotes (upon request). Quotes received before 1pm are usually returned the same day except for unusual or difficult signs. Following the above-mentioned guidelines will also help with processing your quote faster.
We’d love to hear some wonderful tips and tricks you all have learned over the years doing business in the sign industry! If you have a tip that could benefit another company, feel free to share. Simply visit one of our social networking sites and share your knowledge.