Display color combinations instantly in our Interactive Color Selector, use videos to better describe product types, or open the Virtual Catalog for over 120 actual sign photos. All of these Sign Guide tools are useful resources to effectively collaborate with customers.
The guide is a great resource tool to take along on sales calls, you can access this from your ipad, tablet or notebook. Your customers will enjoy referencing this guide to help them decode what type of sign will best suit their logo.
You may have a great looking sign, but what if your potential customers can’t make out what it’s supposed to mean? Ensuring that potential customers can view and understand your message is vital to your businesses success. Below is a chart that advises on the appropriate letter height for readability at certain distances.
Distances may vary by up to 10% depending on color combinations. For any sign height at maximum impact, the font size at 3ft away from the screen is 21.6pt, and for maximum readable distance, it’s 4.94pt. How’d we figure out this example? Here’s the simple formula:
Letter height ÷ (Distance from sign ÷ Distance from screen) X 72 = FONT SIZE
It may look confusing, but we’ll break it down:
• The letter height is any number from column 1 in the chart above (make sure it's in inches).
• Distance from sign is the corresponding number in columns 2 or 3, or whatever number you want to try (keep this in feet).
• Distnace from screen is how far away you are from your screen (or paper, if printed) in a measurement of feet.
• The 72 comes from a conversion of inches to points, the most common scale for text sizes. The actual cumber is 71.999999, but who wants to type that?
• Do what's in parenthesis frist, round your answer to 2 decimal places, and you'll have the correct size to test out any font.
Word will not accept decimals in font sizes, but most image-editing software should. Remember, all screens render text differently, so it’s best practice to print out the text to get a better idea of what it’ll look like at that certain letter height at that distance. Just hold the paper the same distance away as you were from the screen.
Sign Fab, Inc. is excited to bring you this one of a kind sign design and sign industry project management tool. The Sign Creator is an easy to use App and comes with everything you need to create compelling designs and manage projects from start to finish.
- Easily create, save, and edit designs in the Custom Sign Designer
- Create Backgrounds using Custom Photos, Textures, or Colors and manage your layers at the same time
- Add and customize text with a variety of fonts, shapes, and a large clipart gallery
- Import Custom Designs and Add Effects such as 3D, Gradients, Shadows, Contours, Emboss, Borders and use a scale ruler to size them
- My Saved Signs – Export to your device and share from your library or email
Use the Sign Guide for Project Resources
- Review Sign Product Types and Specifications and Utilize the Interactive Color Selector for color combinations
- Sign Gallery provides actual project examples
- Quick access to Installation Guides and a Video Library for How-to, Product Demos, and more
Get Instant Sign Quotes or Chat with Customer Care
My Account provides Online Access to information on Quotes and Orders for Project Management.
- Make Payments and Approve Project Drawings
- View Estimates & Order Details
Add-On Options: Fonts and Clipart Packages
- Update Images to correct App Screens and make sure devices are current.